LifeKour Training Program
16-105 yrs old
Customized training for less than a class! Book sessions around your schedule, M-F, 5:30am-8:30pm. Family hour – train while yours kids are in Youth or Teen NinjaKour classes!
You’ll set goals and see progress you didn’t know was possible! What are you training for? Life! Whether it’s hitting the ski slopes and hiking trails, playing with your kids or grandkids, being the next American Ninja Warrior or simply walking to the mailbox without pain; LIFEKour Adult Training will energize, strengthen, and prepare you to achieve your goals!
A personalized combination of movement neurology training, parkour philosophy, strength training, cardio, yoga, and overcoming obstacles; these mixed modality training sessions are unique for each client, available to all abilities and skill levels. Are you a couch potato? Simply want to feel better in your own skin and clothes? Recovering from an injury? An elite athlete striving to go to the next level. Somewhere in the middle? If you’re alive…LIFEKour Training is for you!
Parkour Level 1 & 2
16+ yrs old
NEW CLASSES COMING SOON!
- Fundamentals (prerequisite, #3 LifeKour Essentials Classes)
These LifeKour Academy classes are rooted in WFPF (World Freerunning Parkour Federation) skill level progression, with the unique addition of training in other modalities, including on a huge, real life ninja warrior course! Many gyms see the benefit and interest of adding ninja warrior training to their facilities. We too see the benefits, and bring these modalities together, to complement the student’s goals.
Parkour is an athletic discipline with the express goal of moving as efficiently and quickly as possible from one point to another, over, under, around or through natural or ‘other’ obstacles, using only the innate abilities of the human body. From aspiring athletes to ninja warrior and parkour enthusiasts, the concept of “overcoming obstacles” will be applied beyond the discipline, helping a student to achieve his or her goals in life.
13+ yrs old (men and women!)
(younger students considered, based on experience & maturity for program)
September 3rd—October 25th: 8 Week Series, #16 classes, Tuesdays & Thursdays. Recommend attendance to all classes for skill and strength building, but pre-registration is not required.
Is having more strength, mobility, & balance a LIFEKour goal for you? Do you want to learn how to safely balance a headstand or handstand away from a wall, on a beam, or even on top of a mountain!? Our coaches will help you reach new heights in your fitness goals! Introducing the FUNdamentals needed to develop the proper form and technique for acrobatic rolling, flipping, and balancing upside down! We’ll help you build total body strength and flexibility through PLAY & focused PRACTICE. Learn how to apply the building blocks of gymnastics skills and practice basic gymnastic acrobatic movements, handstands, and inversions ~ no prerequisites required.
BONUS ~ You’ll get a super strong CORE through FUNdamentals training!
5-18 years old
This 2-hour session includes an hour of parkour instruction and one hour of open gym time. For ages 5-18, your child will enjoy social, mental and physical activity! They’ll get fit, have fun, and learn valuable skills applicable in every aspect of their life! Classes are divided into groups, based on age and ability, with coaches working with students at their individual skill level. This unique parkour, ninja warrior training class teaches foundational parkour skills rooted in WFPF Academy training. WFPF (World Freerunning Parkour Federation)
On a rotational basis, skills are taught on parkour equipment stations, floor, vaults, bars, walls, and trampoline. Ninja skills are taught on the extensive ninja warrior obstacle course and equipment. Students will discover personal strengths and weaknesses (learning from failure). Skill based games and activities help students test and implement their new skills in a fun and challenging way! Student train physically and mentally, to quickly identify alternative and more efficient paths. The concepts of overcoming obstacles can also be applied beyond the discipline, helping a student to achieve his or her goals in life. Gain lifelong friends, get fit, and have a blast!
Every student needs to wear comfortable clothes they can move in, gym shoes (It is preferred that gym/tennis shoes are brought in a backpack. This helps keeps the gym clean.) Dirty/muddy shoes are not permitted on the mats or equipment. Bring a water bottle and nutritious snacks (a suggestion if they are staying before or after class for an open gym.) There is a free filtered water-bottle refill station available and snacks available for purchase.
1.5-3 3-4 year olds
CLASSES COMING SOON!
A class designed to encourage a love of movement and safe play that will last a life time! This is an opportunity for your little ninjas to get moving, and you with them. Parents and kids will play and learn together! Your children will enjoy movement and age appropriate Parkour games, animal movements, obstacle course play, and free time in the gym to explore. You and your child will learn introductory Parkour skills and terms, you’ll how to “spot” your kids, and safety skills for activity and play anywhere they go.
We specialize in innovative, dynamic fitness training with a variety of effective tools—including the kettlebell. This gives you the freedom and flexibility to train anytime, anywhere. Let us show you how to play hard and get strong, so you can live adventurously!
“I use kettlebells with all my students, male and female, ranging in age from 15 to 77. Because I believe training should be fun and I have experienced the profound physical and neurological benefits of play firsthand, I also incorporate Indian Clubs, Primal Movement, and the IndoBoard balance trainer.” — Gus Petersen, owner and coach ProEdge Kettlebells
K.A.T Fitness System, Gus Petersen
All Levels & Youth
Align, Strengthen, Decompress, and Fly in our Aerial Yoga Classes
AERIAL YOGA is an innovative combination of traditional yoga poses done on the floor and aerial arts using a soft fabric hammock suspended at waist height. You will develop a unique kind of strength, body awareness and well-being. The hammock adds an element, enabling individuals of any body type, strength or experience to join, with instructors guiding students of all fitness levels.
These classes will float you through a series of kind, soothing motions in the hammock to completely release all the tension in your body. By stretching in proper alignment, you will relax the tightness in the back muscles, correct your posture, create natural traction in your spine and quiet your mind. The weightless support of the hammock will allow you to safely glide to the extent of your flexibility with zero compression on the joints. Improve balance, strength, flexibility, and circulation, increase muscle tone, flexibility, and mobility.
Option to invert, which decompresses the spine and brings circulation to the brain. Relieve pain and stress in this relaxing, fun movement exploration. Relax and rejuvenate in our unique, warm atmosphere of padded floors and beautiful, high wood ceilings…and experience sublime relaxation as you float wrapped in the cocoon of your silk. (Adult Class 16+, Youth Class 8-15)
Please wear form fitted, comfortable clothing that does not have snaps, zippers, or latches that can snag the silk hammock. Also, wear a shirt with sleeves (short or long) so hammock is more comfortable under your arms. Please avoid wearing perfume or scented lotions.
+ Aerial Instructor
Angelina grew up dancing and acting and has trained in the U.K. with The Royal Academy of Dance repetioire and Exeter Little Theatre Company, and in the U.S. with Kansas City Ballet, Boston Ballet, Perry Mansfield School of Performing Arts, Gelsey Kirkland Academy of Classical Ballet NYC, and The American Musical and Dramatic Academy LA. Angelina’s love of movement led her to training in the circus arts with Stilt World, Cirque School LA, The Circus Center SF; and in Stage Combat and Martial Arts with Greg Jackson, Jose Navarro, and Damien Puckler. She discovered Yamuna Body Rolling in 2010. Throughout her 9 years of working as a Performing Artist in Los Angeles Yamuna Body Rolling technique saved her body time and time again. She recently began her practice of Aerial Yoga, which is such a fun way to workout, relieve stress, and gain body awareness. Angelina thrives to help others find alignment and balance in their bodies and lives, whilst practicing what she teaches daily.
Zen Yoga Studio
We are developing a new Yoga program, to offer a variety of practices, from Beginner classes in Hatha and Golden Ages senior classes to Vinyasa Flow and Advanced Classes. Sign-up for emails to receive updates and announcements!
In the meantime, view our calendar to sign-up to join us for our current Aerial Silk Classes and Workshops, and our Sunday morning Family Acro Open Gym Sessions!
Hatha yoga uses classical yoga postures to cultivate strength, flexibility and balance. It’s a gentle practice with a challenging edge, and provides all the fundamentals necessary for a lifelong practice. Hatha is appropriate for all levels and all bodies.
This class is highly recommended for beginners who desire to learn the postures and for practitioners who wish to “sink into the poses” as opposed to “flow through them.” Relax and rejuvenate in our unique, warm atmosphere of padded floors and beautiful, high wood ceilings.
Vinyasa Flow (All Levels): Develop strength, flexibility, and endurance through smooth movements, as yoga poses flow together, each posture synchronized to a breath. The variable nature of vinyasa helps to develop a more balanced body, as well as prevent repetitive motion injures that can happen if you are always doing the same thing. Vinyasa recognized the temporary nature of things, as we enter a posture, we are there for a moment, then leave to another. Vinyasa, is a breath initiated practice, that connects every action of our life with the intention of moving towards what is sacred, or most important to us.
FAQs – About Parkour & Ninja Warrior Training
First, NO MUDDY shoes in the gym, period. Preferred, gym shoes you bring in a bag. Shoes with minimal tread and sticky rubber on the bottom are best. Also try for a flexible and light shoe. Most people prefer some padding on their shoes, especially as they are learning, but avoid shoes that have more than a finger width of foam. You want to have a good feel of the obstacle underneath you, and ideally be able to curl your toes around edges and rails. We also recommend zero-drop, or minimalist footwear because they promote stronger, healthier feet.
You won’t find many ninjas pumping heavy iron. They prefer bodyweight training and calisthenics. At NinjaKour classes, ninjas will perform sets of every variety of pull-up including pronated (overhand), supinated (underhand), neutral (palms facing each other), and vertical grips from cylinders and ropes, as well as fingertip pull-ups from boards and rock wall climbing holds. The ability to grab and hold on to various shapes is essential, and diverse forms of bare-handed pull-ups will build that essential dexterity.
It is also essential to have quick leg power to propel them forward and upward. To build this type of balance and explosive strength, students will perform dynamic movements like sprints and squat jumps, and train in various Parkour skills. Core strength and endurance are also necessary, so exercises like hanging leg raises and all forms of planks are part of a typical class. Finally, they need superior balance, so maneuvering across beams, vertical posts, and horizontal straps is a common element.
(We actually hear these questions all the time.)
A: Yes! Being “Old” (What is old anyways?), out of shape (Everyone starts somewhere, and we’ll start where you are!), or a girl (Seriously? What is this, the 50s?) None of this has not bearing on your ability to excel and thrive in any of our Kour Class. All Kour Classes are about understanding your body and using it more effectively.
Yes, in fact this is the ideal place! We teach them to do so responsibly and safely. Read our Parent FAQs for more info, and feel free to ask us more questions.
Yes! Our coaches are trained and/or certified by World Freerunning Parkour Federation, NASM, and Z Health. We are completely insured for all equipment, obstacles, and activities.
This section was created to alleviate the fears of parents whose kids have told them they want to do parkour and/or ninja warrior training. This may put you at ease and answer many questions, but please feel free to ask more questions!
- BUILDINGS: We don’t jump off buildings! We don’t tell your kids to jump off buildings!
- FLIPS: I don’t teach your kids to do flips for a long, not until they’re ready. Then only in a safe environment, with lots of mats, spotting, and progression.
- LEGITIMACY: Our coaches are trained and/or certified, by (WFPF) World Freerunning Parkour Federation and trained and/or certified by Z Health. Our goal is not for your son/daughter to learn cool things to show their friends but to help them grow up to evaluate and manage risks, be physically fit, and contribute to their community. We are insured!
- STRUCTURE: It is not a free-for-all. Every class is structured, every activity is supervised, and every new movement is chosen based on the skill level of the student.
- SUPPORT: Parents love it as much as the kids. I can’t tell you how many parents love watching their kids get involved in Parkour. It’s active, it’s fun, and it creates actual, positive changes in their life. And some parents like that their kids get a scraped knee every once in a while. You know, like you used to… In fact, if you want to join them in the fun, you can sign up for FamilyKour to learn and play together.
- COST: It’s not expensive, not really, we are not here to take all of your money. There is no uniform to buy (but lots of shirts if you want them!). No special equipment is necessary.
- SAFETY: Safety rules are reviewed at the beginning, and throughout, every class, open gym and at every obstacle station or section of the gym. Parents must sign a waiver for their child before they can participate in any class, open gym, or use any of the equipment or obstacles of the facility. All Safety rules must be followed, at all times, for the safety of students and instructors. With all that said, your child may get scrapes and bruises. We have band-aids.
Yes, we accept the following credit cards: VISA, Mastercard, AMEX and Discover.
Open gym drop-ins are $15 and classes are $20 drop-in. We also have multiple memberships. Check out our Membership Options.
We have a Youth NinjaKour Program for ages 5-12, and Teen Ninja Kour Program for 13+. See all of our Programs.
Certain obstacles are always up (warped wall, devil steps, slider, salmon ladder, etc) and can be used during regular open gym. Some obstacles of our ninja warrior course change from time to time. ALL obstacles and equipment require review of safety rules prior to every class and open gym.
Homeschool students will learn the same curriculum as our other NinjaKour Youth & Teen students. We have Homeschool classes available mid-day for convenience. View information on our Homeschool NinjaKour Program.
- To participate in any class, open gym, or private event, you must sign a waiver.
- Students must wait to be called into the gym at their appointed class time. Until then, please wait in the waiting areas.
- The safety of all participants is our foremost concern! All posted and verbally communicated safety rules must be followed, at all times. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from class or open gym session, with no refund.
- Classes are first come, first served. Drop-ins are available for classes if they are not full.
- There are cubbies provided for your storage convenience. This is no way implies responsibility or liability for your belongs. Please leave valuables in your locked vehicle, or better yet, at home. Eudaimonia is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Birthday parties require a non-refundable $100 deposit. If you need to cancel your party and we can fill that slot, your deposit will be refunded.
- Memberships are on a month-to-month basis, lasts 30 days, beginning on your purchase date. Classes and Open Gyms will expire at the end of the 30 days.
- You must give us 30-days’ notice to ensure we can cancel auto-payments on memberships.
- If you are planning on being out of town for a period of time, please let our front desk staff know so we can place a hold on your account. Any expired classes/open gyms from membership not placed on hold will not be credited to your account.
- The gym classes and open gym will be closed in observance of the following holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.